Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Let the Panda Answer the Most Common Questions We Receive From Our Clients!
Why Should I Choose Rapid Panda as My Movers?We have many years of experience in the moving industry, we are well equipped to handle any move situation. From local to long-distance moves, business and in-home moving, packing services, and storage solutions.
What’s the Most Efficient Way to Pack a House?
- Block off time in the days before your move to pack. Give yourself enough time to pack carefully without feeling overly stressed out.
- Decide the order in which you’ll be packing up your home. The most common way is to pack up each room separately.
- Begin packing the room in your home that gets the least amount of use.
- Save essentials for last. You won’t want to pack items you use daily, such as a toothbrush, until the last moment possible.
- If you don’t have time to pack yourself, you can hire professionals. Most moving companies offer packing services as well.
How Do I Measure the Square Footage of a Room?
- Use a tape measure to measure the length and width of the room. In order to get the most accurate measurement, be sure to clear objects out of the way.
- To determine square footage, multiply the length of the room by the width of the room.
- Measure the length of your foot with a ruler.
- Pace off the length of the room stepping heel to toe. If you need to, you can use the wall for support.
- Multiply the number of steps by the length of your foot.
- Divide that number by 12 to get the approximate number of feet from wall to wall.
- Repeats steps 2 – 4 to measure the width of the room.
- To determine the square footage, multiply the length of the room by the width of the room.
When Do I Need an in-home Moving Estimate?Generally, moving companies can give you an estimate over the phone. In some cases, movers may need to visit your home in person to give you an accurate quote. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may need an in-home estimate:
- s your home 1,500 square feet or larger?
- Do you have any large or bulky items (e.g., safes or pianos) that may be difficult to move safely and securely?
- Does your home have any narrow hallways, doorways, or stairways that furniture cannot fit through?
- Will movers have difficulty parking a 26 ft. truck close to your home?
- Are you moving out of state?
What Should I Keep With Me on My Moving Day?Keep with you anything you or your family will use on the day of your move with you. Common items include snacks, toilet paper, paper towel, phone chargers, a change of clothes, toothbrush/toothpaste, and your kids’ favorite toys.
Additionally, medications, important paperwork (e.g., birth certificates and social security cards), and anything highly valuable or sentimental (jewelry, credit cards, bank account information, etc.) should be set aside. On your moving day, place these essential items in a box or bag that you’ll carry with you to your new home.